expertgc
Participant

Interview with our contest winners. A passionate Brazilian trader advises to control your emotions while trading

Our new interview round-up features two Futures Trade winners and one Drag Trade winner. Our contests gather traders not only from different countries but also with different levels of experience. Rodrigo from Brazil has been trading for only a year and we translated his feedback for you. Yury from Russia has three years of experience and Igor from Belarus got into financial markets for the first time twenty years ago.

Yury Nikolayevich, Russia, the winner of the 51st round of Futures Trade. The prize is no-deposit $1000 bonus

“I operate a drilling machine at a factory and I first started trading three years ago. Now it’s mostly a hobby, but I want to turn it into the main source of my income. It’s great that I can work close to my family and the rate of earnings depends only on myself. The biggest mistakes that I’ve made are rash trading decisions and unwillingness to wait for a favorable time to enter the market. I don’t use a single distinct strategy. I just base my trading on technical and, occasionally, on fundamental analysis. This contest was the first time I tried trading futures. I liked trading with oil and Russel 2000 index. I think I’ve won thanks to my experience and luck. It was hard to compete with skilled traders who also participated in the contest. My advice to the beginners is to find patience, gain experience and don’t stray from the path you’ve set for yourself. Also, it’s important to choose a reliable broker, so you won’t suffer from slippage and problems with withdrawal”

Rodrigo Silva de Sousa, Brazil, the winner of the 52nd round of Futures Trade. The prize is no-deposit $1000 bonus

“I’m 24 and I work in metallurgy industry. I always wanted to try my hand at trading, but I didn’t have enough money for decent investments. That’s why I’ve been trading for only a year. Forex companies offer high leverage to their clients. It makes it possible to earn a decent income even with a small initial investment. I didn’t have problems with learning how to trade, as there’s plenty of useful info available online. Controlling your emotions is the key. I don’t use news for trading, my method is based on the asset’s price. When the market volatility increases because of the news, I’m already making profit from a trade. The moment of greatest joy for me was in the last August when I opened trades with GBP/CAD and EUR/GBP and suddenly the market moved by almost 10000 points in less than one minute. It was a fantastic day! Among the CFD I prefer to trade silver. Futures Trade is a good contest to test your abilities. I wanted to see what I was capable of in the competition with other traders. Luck, patience, and technique are the three ingredients of success. I encourage all traders to soldier on even if something goes wrong. Even if you fail it doesn’t mean that you’re a bad trader and need to urgently change your strategy. Analyze your mistakes and arm yourself with patience. Everything can change in one hour!”

Igar Dubodelov, Belarus, the winner of the 369th round of Drag Trade. The prize is withdrawable $200

“I first got involved with trading back in 1996. But it was superficial, I learned a little, tried demo accounts and contests. But it’s not until six years after that I got back to it. I started learning trading more diligently and earned my initial capital in contests. Now I’m more of an amateur trader, the main job is still there, last I checked. There used to be very few learning resources, but now there’s more than enough of it to study trading by yourself. The key part is having your own method and keeping a cool head. Forex is work, not gambling. I mostly trade with the main currency pairs. My strategy is based on the levels of support and resistance and candlestick patterns. Generally, I trade with pending orders, but I still can’t discipline myself to make stops, although I try it from time to time. I only open accounts with brokers that have been on the market for at least 4-5 years, demo accounts and contests are also a requirement for me. Only then I examine order execution, client support service, and withdrawal. I’ve been participating in Grand Capital contests for four years now. And finally, I took the first place! There were times when I was in the top ten, or when I was on the second place, but I hadn’t won the prize until now. I’m especially excited to have won in a speed-run contest with a real prize. Let me repeat myself: the formula for success in trading on financial markets is to obey the rules, observe discipline and follow your plan.”

Learn more about contest rules and register for the next round here.