expertgc
Participant

Anyone can earn on Forex. Interview with Vitaly Kurgaev, the winner of $500 in Rally Trade contest.

A life of a trader is always a series of ups and downs which change as fast as asset quotes. Vitaly Durgaev, the winner of round 176 of Rally Trade contest told us why he loves trading and what it takes to become a professional trader.

Trading provides you with unlimited possibilities

Although I majored in accounting, I work as a craft metal founder. My first trading experience happened back in 2000. I deposited $200 and got lucky – I managed to earn $2000 right away. Then a typical mistake of any starting trader followed – no stop losses. As a result I spent the next week watching yen fall, eating my deposit. I love trading because it gives you unlimited possibilities. It’s just someone likes gambling and some prefer to use their brains and go to Forex. I think that anyone can be a trader now. If to think about it – there is nothing extraordinary here. No matter where you are, all you need is to place a trade is your smartphone. It is even simpler than to set an alarm clock. But to be a successful trader… It is a totally different thing. For that you will need self-discipline, a good trading strategy and a fair deposit amount. That is why I’ve never thought of trading as a main source of income. It is, indeed, hard to work in 24/5 mode.

Choose highly volatile assets and follow the news

Sometimes I really lack patience to trade as a professional. I am in a constant search of a trading strategy that would provide stable results. Any strategy needs to be constantly optimized, because it may bring profit when trading one asset and lead to a loss when a different one chosen. In the contest I traded the most volatile assets at that time – GBPNZD and GBPJPY and carefully followed the news. Here’s my advice to all novices: learn the contest rules and click the Register button! When the contest is about to end, start monitoring the rating. Sometimes there are just a couple of pips that separate the winner and a loser.

Good luck to everyone!